Monitored Anesthesia Care
YOU HAVE THE OPTION OF RECEIVING SEDATION PRIOR TO YOUR PROCEDURE.
SpineCare Delaware is providing sedation services in order to optimize your safety and comfort during your procedure and to enable your quick recovery and discharge home. Your sedation is directed by a Board Certified Physician and Certified Nurse Anesthetist who will oversee the medical direction and supervision of your anesthetic sedation care.
You will receive medication through an intravenous line (I.V.) that will cause you to relax. You are not put to sleep for the procedure. Our fully equipped facility with advanced monitors will carefully monitor your heart rate, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, heart rhythm and breathing. You will then recover in our Post Anesthesia Unit area until you are fully ready for discharge home.
If you choose to have sedation, please follow instructions below:
- DO NOT eat solid foods or full liquids 6 hours before your procedure. You can drink CLEAR liquids, including water, apple juice, ginger ale, black coffee, or black tea until 2 hours before your procedure.
- Please bring a responsible driver with you. You will be at the facility approx. 1 ½ to 2 Hours. Due to the HIPPA Act, your family member/friend will not be allowed in the procedure area. They must wait in the waiting room or come back to pick you up. Please DO NOT bring minor children without an adult to supervise them.
- If you are diabetic and on insulin or oral medication, please consult your doctor advising them of this procedure. Please ask if you need to adjust your dosage
- If you take anti-coagulants or “blood thinners” including: Brilinta, Coumadin, Eliquis, Lovenox, Plavix, Persantine, etc., please call the Spine Center at 302-894-1900 to speak with a procedure nurse if you do not have instructions from your physician regarding the use of the medication prior to your procedures. You may need to get medical clearance to stop the medication and may need to get bloodwork done to check your INR/PT if you are on Coumadin.
- If your procedure is scheduled with Dr. Moran and you are taking ASPIRIN, NSAIDS or ANTIBIOTICS, please contact the physician’s secretary at 302-731-2888.
- If you have an allergy to medication, IV Dye, shellfish or latex, please contact our office immediately at 302-894-1900.
- NO alcoholic beverages the day of your procedure.
- Please bring a list of all medications you are taking, including over the counter medication.
- For Dr. Moran patient’s only – Please bring ALL X-Rays, MRI’s and/or CT SCAN’s with you. The doctor will need them to perform the procedure.