Please follow the instructions below if you are NOT having sedation.
**You will receive a local anesthetic injection at the procedure site.**
- You may eat and drink without restrictions.
- You may drive yourself. You will be at the facility approx. 1 ½ to 2 hours. Due to the HIPPA Act, your family member/friend will NOT be allowed in the procedure area. Please DO NOT bring minor children without an adult to supervise them.
- If you take anti-coagulants or “blood thinners” including: Brilinta, Coumadin, Eliquis, Lovenox, Plavix, Persantine, etc., please call the Spine Center at 302-894-1900 to speak with a procedure nurse if you do not have instructions from your physician regarding the use of the medication prior to your procedures. You may need to get medical clearance to stop the medication and may need to get bloodwork done to check your INR/PT if you are on Coumadin.
- If your procedure is scheduled with Dr. Moran and you are taking ASPIRIN, NSAIDS or ANTIBIOTICS, please contact the physician’s secretary at 302-731-2888.
- If you have an allergy to medication, IV Dye, Shellfish, or Latex, please contact our office immediately at 302-894-1900.
- NO alcoholic beverages the day of your procedure.
- Please bring list of all medications you are taking, including over the counter medications.
- For Dr. Moran patient’s only – Please bring ALL X-Rays, MRI’s and/or CT SCAN’s with you. The doctor will need them to perform the procedure.